The different projects


Finishing the Midi Trikes

This image shows the internal construction. I have been very liberal with glue and sealer as I had two cartridges that would dry out if I not used them
Dressed up with some BAF wool in the inner tube and some foam glued to the inside of the outer tube. Not shown are some crossbraces close to the open end. I found that it vibrated a bit when playing loud.
I bought some fabric in a style that is typical of the time period 50 years ago when the Trike was concieved. I picked a eleastic fabric and sewd it as a tube that was pulled over the pipe more or less as a sock. Then I used a staple gun to fix the fabric at both ends.

Three outside legs rising the the pipe 1/10 of the diameter (2cm) attached with brass screws completes the construction. I added some modern binding posts. And presto:
Measuring the impedance shows a pipe tuning of 70 Hz with some harmonics 210 and 350 Hz, text book stuff of the third and fifth harmonic ;) The big dark thing to the right is a trike driven by a Peerless 10" alnico driver but that is an other story...
The Philips AD 3701M is a gem, it really sound right in a musical way. With nothing below 60-70 Hz it lack some in the low end but above that it is so nice, Adele sound so nice so the midrange is well taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment